Powerful, effective operational radiation dosimetry
The RiumOp operational radiation dosimeter is designed for workers exposed to ionizing radiation.
The sensor is calibrated to calculate the ambient dose equivalent rate Hp(10).
The RiumOp operational radiation dosimeter has a built-in display and produces visible and audible alerts. It communicates directly via the local WiFi network to provide real-time ambient dose monitoring. Reader terminals are not required: Measurement data is captured by the sensors, transmitted wirelessly, and processed. Monitoring indicators are calculated and displayed on the online RiumApp.
And for more robust radiation risk management than ever before, RiumOp is the only operational dosimeter able to provide gamma spectrometry data and measurement data at the same time. This data is crucial to understanding worker exposure so that the appropriate training and prevention initiatives can be rolled out.
An innovative operational dosimetry system with unique advantages
Wearers no longer need to go to a reader terminal to be identified. Each worker is identified using their regular site access badge; RiumOp is automatically disconnected when the worker leaves the area where measurement is required.
The RiumOp system is also designed to raise worker awareness for more effective and pragmatic risk management: the web app tracks and logs all measurements for better risk management and analysis and more effective identification of radiation-related events. The wearer accesses data through a simple and intuitive personal dashboard. All of our mobile and fixed sensors send data to the same management platform.
Our active dosimeters can be equipped with an optional camera and/or indoor geolocation beacon. Unlike other radiation sensors on the market, Icohup products can measure dose rate and complete a spectrometric analysis simultaneously.
Enhanced data security: today’s reader terminals, used to activate conventional operational radiation dosimeters, are relatively easily hacked and do not provide adequate data security. At Icohup, we take the security of our customers’ data seriously and strive to ensure secure transmission of all data between our sensors and our web and mobile apps. Our solution is hosted by PCI-DSS certified and ISO/IEC 27001 compliant hosting company OVH on a server in Strasbourg, France. Data is backed up daily on two redundant servers. Sensor data is encrypted for confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and PFS.
Next-generation active radiation dosimetry
List of workers
What the latest radiation protection regulations say
The EU Euratom Directive, which establishes the standard of protection against ionizing radiation in the workplace, came with a national transposition deadline of 2018 and included the following guidance for legislation concerning radiation protection consultants and employers:
- The radiation protection consultant provides recommendations on the design, modification, and layout of workspaces and safety equipment and systems intended to prevent ionizing-radiation-related risks.
- The consultant also provides support with developing and implementing the appropriate ways and means of prevention, and, especially, determining maximum doses and the physical areas for which doses will be measured; and developing and implementing individual exposure monitoring systems and procedures for workers in conjunction with the occupational physician.
- Employers are required to implement appropriate preventive measures to minimize or eliminate ionizing-radiation-related risks to workers. These measures must take into account technical advances and the availability of techniques to control radiation risk at the source.
Specifications & performance
- Detector technology …….. Scintillation
- Types of raditation detected …….. Gamma, X-ray, beta
- Hp(10) dose rate change …….. 0,05 µSv/h – 10 mSv/h
- Energy range …….. 15 keV – 18 MeV